Last Thursday I attended Dublin’s annual State of the Community Event at the new convention center (The Exchange) at Bridge Park. This year the City of Dublin was joined by the Dublin School District to share their accomplishments with its citizens.

Dublin is doing a great job communicating with the public. The presentation was well choreographed and informative. Below are a few takeaways you may want to know if you live in or are moving to Dublin.

Watch this video to see the full presentation …

Major Projects for 2018 & Beyond

Bridge Park – Developing Bridge Park will remain a major focus of the City. This includes completing the iconic pedestrian bridge, Riverside Crossing Park on both sides of the Scioto, and the new library.

33 Smart Corridor – Dublin plays an important role in developing the infrastructure for a self-driving vehicle test corridor along Route 33. This includes the Dublink fiber optic network, which delivers 100 Gigabit Internet Speeds (at home you get 100 MegaBit or less) to Dublin businesses for free.

Dublin City Schools – What You Need to Know

  • The City of Dublin and Dublin City Schools are two separate legal entities.
  • More than 16,000 students are in enrolled in Dublin City Schools; 40% are living outside the City of Dublin.
  • The city of Dublin is very diverse with students from 100 different countries, speaking 60 languages.
  • Dublin is the 10th largest school district in the State of Ohio.
  • Dublin will not build a 4th High School, instead they will open the Emerald Campus in 2018. It will offer career exploration academies, focusing on Biomedical Science, Business, Engineering, IT and Teaching.

Click here to download (pdf) the Dublin City School Quality Profile.

The map below shows the City of Dublin in light green and the boundaries of the Dublin School district as a dark green line. You can find all district maps on their website.

How You Pay for Services

Income Taxes: Dublin’s income tax rate is 2%. The City collected $87.5 million in 2017. 75% goes to the general fund and pays for city services and operation. Capital improvements to pay for construction of facilities will receive the other 25%.

Property Taxes: Dublin schools use approximately 62% of your property taxes. These taxes are collected by the treasurers of the 3 counties in the Dublin School District: Franklin, Delaware, and Union.

For more information read Dublin’s Guide to Understanding Local Taxes.